Why Sunshine Coast Foundation?
Ten reasons people choose community foundations
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community, and part of a nationwide movement whose support we build and share.
- We bring donors to the table as community builders, working closely with them to align their philanthropic vision with the community’s needs.
- We identify long-term needs and opportunities and invest in solutions that let our communities guide their own future.
- We take a broad and inclusive view of what a community is, and provide grants to the widest possible range of organizations and initiatives.
- We provide highly personal and flexible service, accepting a wide variety of assets and offering donors maximum tax advantage.
- We build both permanent funds and those that can respond to immediate needs, helping our communities ensure vital futures.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts.
- We believe that diversity is strength, so we bring the entire community together to stimulate new ideas, build participation, and strengthen community philanthropy.
- We are transparent and reputable stewards of community resources, committed to being accountable, accessible, and responsive.
- We build community vitality – the unique and essential spirit that flourishes when people believe their community holds possibilities for everyone.
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
- Do they care deeply about their community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy?
- Do they want to make difference but aren’t sure where or how to start?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but are concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay involved in the use of their gift?
- Are they interested in teaching their children about giving?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
- Do they need a charitable giving plan that reflects life changes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about the Sunshine Coast Foundation.